Total Pageviews

Monday, June 20, 2011

My 20th half marathon

Well my 20th half marathon was not what I was expecting. I struggled as much as a did when I had done a full. I had to stopped at almost every bathroom on the route. By Mile 7 it was true something was wrong. I had a UTI (bladder infection). After talking to someone at a first ad station and decided I would keep going. I was in pain for awhile and had to walk, and stop at each outhouse. Has a time of 2:25:22 one of my slowest half marathons. I'm happy I push through and didn't quit. Right after the race walked right through the transition station and headed to the hospital (by now I was peeing blood). As I look back on the day I had a fever in the morning, because I woke up all sweaty. The night before I was quite tired, and that's not me. What a day! End of September I'll try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment